Broccoli & Asparagus on Rye
15 May 2019
A delicious, healthy and gluten free snack or light meal. So
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
8 small heads of long stem broccoli
8 asparagus spears
4 slices rye bread
2 garlic cloves
Drizzle olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Start by steaming the broccoli heads and asparagus for 3-4
mins until tender.
2. Meanwhile, toast the rye bread and chop the garlic
3. Once the vegetables have been steamed, heat a drizzle of olive
oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and add the chopped garlic and
4. Add some freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of
5. Saute for 2-3 mins.
6. Pop the vegetables on top of the toasted rye, making sure you
get all the scrummy bits of garlic out of the pan.
7. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve - Delicious!!