Butternut Squash & Prawn Rogan Josh
19 June 2019
Healthy eating for life, means making your meals fit with your
family life style. So ditch the calorie, fat and salt laden
takeaways and give this delicate Rogan Josh a try instead.
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1 cm
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp medium hot curry powder
500ml low salt vegetable stock
500g peeled prawns
200g basmati rice
juice of 1 lemon
handful fresh coriander leaves
1. Using a large non-stick pan, over a moderate heat, cook the
diced onion and butternut squash for 8-10 minutes or until
2. Next, add the tomatoes, cumin seeds & pinch of LoSalt and
cook for a further 5 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and
3. Stir in the paprika, curry powder and vegetable stock and bring
to the boil.
4. Now add the prawns and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes with the
lid on a slant, leaving a little air hole.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Basmati rice takes 10-12 minutes once added to boiling water.
6. When the rice is cooked, drain through a colander and wash
through with extra boiling water to remove the starch and stop the
rice from sticking together.
7. Spoon the rice into serving bowls with the Rogan Josh on top.
Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges to
squeeze over before eating.