Creamy Prawn & Soy Bean Curry
18 June 2019
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
Drizzle olive oil
1 cup frozen chopped onions (or 1 fresh onion)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
Pinch dried chilli flakes
Pinch fennel seeds
400g can reduced fat coconut milk
4 blocks frozen spinach
250g frozen soy beans
150g fresh mange tout
350g cooked peeled prawns
4/5 sliced mushrooms
Rice noodles to serve
1. Using a large non-stick frying pan, drizzle a little olive
oil over a medium heat and sauté the chopped onions for 2-3
2. Add the crushed garlic, garam masala and turmeric. Stir to
cover the onions in the spices and release the aroma.
3. Next add the chilli flakes and fennel seeds and stir.
4. Now add the reduced fat coconut milk and simmer for 5-6 mins
until starting to thicken.
5. Next add the frozen spinach blocks, frozen soy beans, mange
tout and prawns and finally the sliced mushrooms.
6. Add a pinch of LoSalt, mix well and pop a lid on.
7. Simmer for 6-7 mins until the veggies are cooked.
8. Serve with a small portion of rice noodles.