1 May 2019
Full of flavour and goodness and so easy to make
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
8 chicken drumsticks
Extra virgin olive oil
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 courgettes, peeled and sliced
3 leeks, washed and sliced
2 red peppers, washed, deseeded and sliced
6-8 mushrooms, halved
1 whole bulb garlic, top sliced off
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme (or lemon thyme)
For the Gremalata
2 cloves garlic
handful fresh parsley
Zest and juice of 1 lemon (set the skins
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C
2. Using a large, deep roasting tray, add all the prepared
vegetables and the whole garlic bulb with the top sliced off along
with a slurp of olive oil, a sprinkle of LoSalt and freshly ground
black pepper. Mix well.
3. Pop in the oven to roast for 20 mins.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Gremalata: add the 2 cloves of garlic,
the fresh parsley, black pepper, sprinkle of LoSalt, tablespoon of
olive oil and the zest and juice from 1 lemon and crush to form a
paste in a pestle & mortar.
5. Cover the chicken drumsticks with the paste, distributing
6. Sprinkle over the fresh thyme/lemon thyme
7. After the veggies have been cooking for their first 20
mins, remove from the oven and add the chicken drumsticks and the
lemon skins to the mix and drizzle over any left-over Gremalata and
a little extra olive oil.
8. Give another good stir and pop back in the oven for 35 -
40 mins until the chicken is nicely golden and any juices run
9. Serve piled on a large serving plate -