Grilled Salmon Sandwiches with Sherry Tarragon Mayo
27 August 2014
These grilled salmon sandwiches are served with
shaved carrots, cucumber and creamy avocado - delicious!
Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
Sherry Tarragon Mayo (see recipe below)
Ciabatta bread or baguettes (toasted)
2 raw salmon filets (about .3 lbs per
¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
LoSalt and pepper
1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Grated carrots (I used a peeler to grate
Thinly sliced cucumber
Sliced ripe avocado
1. Mix the soy sauce, honey, Sriracha and olive oil together in a
2. Place the Salmon filets in a large Ziploc bag and pour the soy
sauce mixture in. Gently shake the bag and get the salmon
completely covered in the mixture. Set in the fridge for 10 to15
minutes to marinate.
3. Heat your grill pan or outdoor grill on medium/low heat.
4. When the pan is hot, spray it with nonstick cooking spray and
place the salmon filets on the pan.
5. Grill the salmon for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until
it is cooked all the way through. During the cooking process pour
any extra marinade over the top.
6. Spread a few tablespoons (or as much as you like) of the Sherry
Tarragon Mayo onto the bread slices.
7. Next, top the bottom slice of bread with the grated carrots and
sliced avocado. Sprinkle a little LoSalt and pepper on the
8. Place the salmon filet on the sandwich next and then top with
the cucumber slices. I put mayo on both slices of bread so that it
holds everything together.
Sherry Tarragon Mayo (makes enough for 3 - 4 Salmon
⅛ cup Hellmann's light mayo
1 medium shallot
½ teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves (chopped)
1 small garlic clove
2½ teaspoons cooking sherry (you can get it in the grocery
1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Dash of black pepper
Pinch of LoSalt
¼ teaspoon white sugar
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and
pulse until the garlic and shallot are chopped finely and
everything is combined.
2. I like to put the mayo in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or
so, so the flavors really come together.