Healthy Oven Baked Fish & Chips
1 June 2017
Make this low fat recipe for a healthy & tasty family
75g wholewheat couscous
Zest and juice 1 lemon
1½ tsp LoSalt
2 tbsp chopped chives
4 skinless, boneless cod or haddock fillets
1 medium egg, beaten
200g vine on cherry tomatoes
750g King Edward potatoes
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
2. Place the couscous in a small bowl. Heat the lemon juice
for 30 seconds in a microwave and make up to 100ml with boiling
water and pour over the couscous with the zest, cover and leave for
5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and mix in ½ tsp LoSalt and
3. Dip the fish in the egg and coat in the couscous, place on a
large greased baking tray with the cherry tomatoes.
4. Cut the potatoes into 1½cm chunky chips. Toss with oil, paprika
and remaining 1 tsp LoSalt and spread out on another large greased
baking tray, bake in the top part of the oven for 10 minutes.
Add the fish tray below and cook for a further 20 minutes, remove
the fish tray and cook the chips for a final 5 minutes until
5. Serve the chips with the fish and tomatoes.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes