Paprika Roast Chicken with Risotto Stuffing
1 September 2017
Try our traditional roast chicken which is healthy and
delicious! We've given this one a bit of a creative twist with a
1 large whole chicken
50g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp smoked paprika
1½ tsp LoSalt
1 onion, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
250g risotto rice
10g sage leaves, shredded
100ml white wine
1 very low salt vegetable stock cube
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
2. Place the chicken in a roasting tin. Mix 25g butter with
the paprika and ½ tsp LoSalt, loosen the skin over the chicken
breasts and spread the butter between the skin and flesh.
3. Roast for 1 hour 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and fry
the onion, celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add the rice and sage
then pour in the wine, cook until it has been absorbed.
Transfer to a greased ovenproof serving dish.
5. Dissolve the stock cube in 600ml boiling water and add to
the rice with the remaining 1 tsp LoSalt.
6. Move the chicken to the bottom of the oven and place the
risotto on top, cook for 30 minutes until the rice is tender and
the chicken is cooked throughout. Then drizzle some of the chicken
juices over the risotto to serve.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 40 minutes