Spinach & Egg Wraps
16 May 2019
A healthy, gluten free alternative to wheat wraps. Fill with any
healthy ingredients you fancy
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
75g fresh washed spinach
50g rice flour
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Start by wilting the spinach for 3-4 mins over a medium heat
in a splash of water.
2. Then set aside over a sieve to drain out the water.
3. Meanwhile, beat together 2 eggs and add the rice flour.
4. Beat into a smooth paste and add some freshly ground black
pepper and a pinch of LoSalt.
5. Now add half a garlic clove, crushed and about 50ml of water.
The consistency should be that of double cream. Set aside.
6. Now back to the spinach, give it a final squeeze to remove all
the water, then chop finely and add to the egg mixture.
7. Heat a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over a
medium heat and ladle one spoon of the egg mixture into the pan.
Swirl to move the mixture to the edges as you would a pancake. This
should be a very thin wrap.
8. Cook for 2 mins on one side, then flip and cook for another
minute on the other side.
9. Serves with any healthy filling, my favourite is mozzarella
cheese and cherry tomatoes.