Steamed Fish with Fennel & Tomatoes
15 July 2019
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
Drizzle olive oil
1 fennel bulb, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 leeks, sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
Sprinkle dried Italian herbs
Handful chopped fresh basil leaves
2 cod fillets
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Using a non-stick, lidded frying pan, heat the olive oil over
a medium heat and add the sliced fennel.
2. Saute for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften.
3. Next add the crushed garlic and sliced leeks. Cook for another
4. Now add the tin of chopped tomatoes and a sprinkle of Italian
herbs and the chopped fresh basil.
5. Place the cod fillets on top of the tomato and fennel mixture,
season with freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of
6. Pop the lid on and let the fish steam for 8-10 mins, taking in
the flavours of the fennel and garlic. The fish is cooked when it
flakes with a fork easily. Delicious!