Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
21 October 2019
A Flavourful Vegan Delight!
4 large savoy cabbage leaves
Drizzle olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes
4 spring onions
1 glove garlic, crushed
Handful fresh mint
2 tablesppons tomato puree
½ tin chopped tomatoes
150g cooked brown rice or quinoa
juice and zest of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons water
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of LoSalt
1. Start by removing 4 outer leaves from the Savoy Cabbage and
popping them in boiling water for 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile slice the spring onions, finely chop the mushrooms
and cherry tomatoes, slice the mint, grate the garlic and zest the
3. Once the cabbage leaves have cooked for 8 minutes, remove from
the heat, drain and set aside.
4. Over a medium heat, using a non-stick frying pan, drizzle a
little olive oil and sauté the spring onions, garlic, lemon zest,
mushrooms and cherry tomatoes for 4-5 mins.
5. Season with Black pepper and a pinch of LoSalt.
6. Next add the cooked brown rice or quinoa (or a mixture of
both), the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons of tomato puree and 4
tablespoons water. Finally add the chopped mint and remove from the
7. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C
8. Now take the cooked cabbage leaves and cut away any tough
9. Divide the vegetable mixture between all 4 leaves, and wrap
into tight parcels.
10. Place in an oven proof dish and cover with ½ tin of chopped
11. Oven bake for 20 mins. Serve hot as a light meat or side