Tomato Pickle Relish
6 August 2019
A quick to make, delicious side dish
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is
all about healthy food that tastes amazing!
Drizzle olive oil
4 banana shallots, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 mild red chilli, de-seeded and finely
8 medium tomatoes on the vine
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Handful fresh basil, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of LoSalt
Sprinkle smoked paprika
tbsp runny honey
tbsp tomato puree
1. Drizzle the olive oil into a non-stick frying pan and place
over a medium heat.
2. Add the dices shallots and crushed garlic and sauté for 4-5
3. Meanwhile prepare the mild chilli by removing the seeds and
chopping finely. And wash and chop the tomatoes.
4. Add these to the onion mixture and cook over a medium heat for
10 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Next add the tablespoons apple cider vinegar, the fresh basil,
freshly ground black pepper, pinch of LoSalt, smoked paprika, honey
and tomato puree.
6. Mix and simmer for a final 6-8 minutes.
7. Serve warm or cold with salad, chicken, fish or with my Simple