Health & Wellness Event
23 June 2017
UPS Supply Chain Solutions in Dewsbury held a Health &
Wellness event on 23rd June where they aimed to educate staff and
have fun. The focus was on health and fitness, healthy eating and
healthy minds, while raising money for local charity 'Disability
LoSalt samples were available for staff to
try and they promoted some good discussion around healthier
approaches to a better diet.
Various activities took place throughout the day and
- Dewsbury Sports Centre were on hand to give one to one health
checks and tailored advice.
- Stretches were encouraged at the start of the warehouse shifts,
and office staff were given 'Deskercises' to perform.
- Natasha McCreesh, a Life Coach from 'Pip To Grow Strong' ran a
session to help look at mind health and how to influence your mood
with tips for a healthier outlook.
- Staff worked together to complete an 87 mile stationary bike
challenge, to get them from Shaw Cross to Blackpool beach. This was
completed by staff from all departments across the site with
magnificent effort, particularly on such a hot day!
- A fun step counting competition was held to guess the number of
steps taken by site cleaner, Jerzy Madej, during his shift on the
day. The activity tracker recorded a fantastic 18100 steps.
The charity, Disability Sport Yorkshire are based in Wakefield,
and work hard to give disabled people sporting opportunities,
promote inclusion and equality and provide accessible, inclusive
coaching opportunities for disabled people.