Warm Mexican Avocado Salad
19 juin 2019
A salad with a bit of a kick!
Recipe by Sally Bee, our culinary expert. Sally is all
about healthy food that tastes amazing!
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper
Sprinkle of LoSalt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 avocado, chopped
1 cup sweetcorn
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ tin black beans, drained and rinsed
handful chopped parsley
juice of 1 lemon
1. To start, mix all the spices, black pepper and a sprinkle of
LoSalt together in a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and add
the spice mix.
2. Now toss in the sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes and black
3. Cook on a high heat for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped avocado and stir through gently, so as not to
5. Warm through for a further 3 minutes.
6. Meanwhile add the cooked quinoa, rice, chopped parsley and
lemon juice to a large bowl.
7. Now add the cooked ingredients and mix well.
8. Serve in a large bowl to share.